[haiku-development] Re: Why not BeXen?

  • From: Paweł Dziepak <pdziepak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:24:45 +0200

25 sie 2014 18:13 "Carsten Mattner" <carstenmattner@xxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> BeLinux and BeBSD were suggested  but has anyone considered building on
> Xen like MirageOS or HalVM?

That would indeed solve the driver problem, but as it was mentioned earlier
drivers aren't the only reason why we should consider using Linux. Even for
library OS-es it taka a lot of effort to perform as good as the
"traditional" kernels and it is rare to achieve better performance than
when running without hypervisor.