[haiku-development] Re: Who's working Haiku's on UI/UX?

  • From: fox noodles <foxnoodles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:15:18 +0400

It makes complete sense once the scroll bars are hidden by default: You
are now primarily scrolling the window contents, not moving the indicator
on the scroll bar. Personally, it made immediate sense to me and just took
a couple of weeks for the scrollbar-moving direction of scroll wheels to
feel very weird and unintuitive on other OS’s. Luckily, there are (usually
non-standard) tweaks for most OS’s to adjust the HID device scroll
behaviour to be inverted and it would be great on Haiku as well.

Ye you're probably right I just never gave it a couple of weeks to get
used to it. But I do think that hidden scrollbars are great. Basically u
said it: "scrolling the window contents" is the way to go.(Yet we should
let the user to choose that in preferences)