[haiku-development] Re: Which driver should support nvidia gt218 core?

Hi,

Am 24.01.2011 21:54, schrieb Rudolf Cornelissen:
I am also wondering currently if it wouldn't be better to (try
to) create a VESA 3 driver instead. Since we don't use acceleration and
video overlay these days (no specs on the latter for nvidia) a vesa
driver should be just as usefull: it can have MTRR-WC mapping,
modesetting to custom modes (resolution, depth and refreshrate AFAIK)
Such a driver would support other brands cards as well, and if we are
going to do hw 3D acceleration we don't need to worry (much?) about
co-existanse with a 'normal' (old fashioned?) 2D driver.

It definitely sounds like the most effective solution to the frequent "I can't run Haiku in native resolution" problem.

Best regards,
-Stephan