[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: LECOQ Vincent <vincent.lecoq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:29:42 +0200

Hello everybody,

Why not use a middleway proposal : for the R2, be able to load and use
binary drivers of linux ?
like as a ndsiwrapper was doing on linux for use wifi windows drivers  as
example.
The basic drivers API are not so far and a little wrapping can be usefull
for the missing/divergent functionnalities.
And why not a source level compatibility for drivers.
But its limited to the  kernel drivers (so no Xorg of  course,its an other
journey) and not native yet drivers.

Just my 2 cents in this burning hearths discuss ;)

--
LECOQ Vincent
vincent.lecoq@xxxxxxxxx