[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Dee Sharpe <demetrioussharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 05:11:18 -0600

> On Aug 24, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Sia Lang <silverlanguage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why not take advantage of that, and get usb3 and hardware accelerated
> graphics while you're at it?
BTW, there're far more impressive Unix hardware accelerated graphics stacks
than what Linux is offering, so don't act as if this project would be receiving
the Crown Jewels. I'm not ignorant of the Unix world. My background is Solaris
& FreeBSD. I see this for what it really is -the Linux mindset that the Linux
kernel should replace every other kernel on the planet because it's just that
good. Well, it's ok, but it doesn't fit every case & you Linux guys need to get
that through your heads. Until you show actual results, this is nothing more
than an embrace & extend strategy -copied from Microsoft & implemented poorly.

Apollo Demetrious Sharpe