[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive & IPv6 DNS (NetPositive missing symbol?)

Am 20/01/2013 20:03, schrieb Donn Cave:
 From where I'm sitting, it looks like nothing new here in alpha 4 -
same timeouts, same slow load.  The bind patches appended to #8293
haven't been applied, and WebPositive still doesn't specify IPv4
(which I wouldn't propose as the right solution anyway.)

I pretty much forgot about the problem until recently, when I was getting POP3 to work again after my changes in the imap branch, and it tried to connect via IPv6. I ignored the issue so far, but a real solution would be appreciated.

A reminder from time to time is definitely a good idea. Would have been nice to fix this before the alpha 4 release, and it makes sense to apply your patch even as interim solution.

So ... just wondering how others are getting along with this - has
some work-around been discovered?

Deleting the ipv6 module should do the trick for now IIRC.

Bye,
   Axel.