[haiku-development] Re: WebKit and WebPositive features and tasks...move to Pivotal Tracker?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:24:35 +0200 (MEST)

Niels Sascha Reedijk<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/10/28 Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > If you plan to deprecate the webpositive trac, is it possible to just
> > > make it read-only now and disallow new ticket creation?
> > I had that thought too, but I'm not an admin on that Trac install. I'm
> > not even sure who is, maybe Niels?
> I'll add it on my BeGeistert love list!

I'm not too fond of the idea. I think a tool like the pivotal tracker is nice
if there is some kind of project manager developer relationship (so like GSoC,
or even GCI), but it's pretty much useless outside of that scope.
I think it's already unfortunate that our WebPositive sources are separated
from our main trac, with a new tool it only gets worse IMO.

What we really should aim for is having a WebKit-development package like
ICU-devel, and put the WebPositive sources into our main repository. This way,
everyone can easily work on the browser at least, without going through the
hassle to build WebKit for yourself.

Bye,
   Axel.