[haiku-development] Re: WebKit and WebPositive features and tasks...move to Pivotal Tracker?

On 10/28/11, Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyways thanks for a great idea and a way forward to help manage this
> very large and complex task.

BTW for Sean and anyone else interested in helping the WebPositive
development: there are a TON of "low hanging fruit" tasks which are
way easier than the giant projects like HTML5 audio/video, a new
networking engine, etc.

Just small things like improving the WebPositive interface can be
great. For example I think we can greatly improve the "auto-complete"
menu when you type in the URL input box. I have already done some
things there, but there is plenty more to do, and that is fairly
simple and doesn't really involve digging into WebKit.

Plus the tabbing system has a lot of room to grow. Drag and drop, a
context menu, re-ordering of tabs, improvements to the drop down menu
on the left, etc.

I imagine I'll add a lot of these sort of tasks to Pivotal Tracker,
and I can even label them "Easy" to make it really easy to find them.

Lastly Fredrik is going to continue my work of merging our WebKit
changes with the official WebKit repo, and then he or I can move
WebPositive into the Haiku repo. Then WebKit can become a separate
project which we can make builds of for other developers to use. This
means changes which only affect WebPositive (and I think there are
plenty of those), will be much, much easier to do than they are now.

Ryan