[haiku-development] Re: WLAN and PCI-Express

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:25:02 +0200

Marcus Overhagen schrieb:
> Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> The current atheros driver seems to have a hard time with PCI-Express
>> chipsets. For narrowing the problem down, I'd like to know whether Haiku
>> supportes reading and writing of the extended configuration space of
>> PCI-Express.
>>

> Haiku pci bus manager does not support this. Feel free to add it,
> it shouldn't be that complicated. I think the pci bus manager needs
> to use ACPI for this to get the MCFG table for this to work.
>
> regards
> Marcus
>
> Comedy-Battle! Jetzt ablachen und voten! Neue Comedians, Spontanhumoristen
> und Nachwuchs-Spaßmacher machen gute Laune - bestimmen Sie den Wochensieger!
> http://comedy-battle.arcor.de/

A little update on the PCI-Express issue:
as it turned out, the problem with the atheros driver, was less of an
PCI-Express issue and more of a change in hardware behaviour among
different atheros chipsets. Currently, they don't use the extended
configuration space.
Thanks to your reply, we were able to nail down the issue a lot faster!

A more thorough explanation of the bug fix can be read in the svn log
here http://dev.osdrawer.net/repositories/revision/haiku-wifi?rev=284

Kind Regards
Colin