[haiku-development] Re: Vim episodes. VI. The Packages.

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 05:56:31 +0000

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> scott mc wrote:
>
>> Seems this was applied in r30939 but was changed?
>>
> Yes, files were uploaded to haiku-ports.de by Matt, I checked the function
> of build and applied it. Sorry for inconvenience.
>
>>  The patch I posted
>> was tested.  With r30939 the download isn't working correctly, wget
>> stops at 1%.
>>

> I have tested both gcc2 and gcc4 builds before applying r30939.  They are
> worked for me. Stopping wget at downloading stage mean connection problem,
> isn't it?
>
>> Changing these two lines back does the trick:
>> +        InstallOptionalHaikuImagePackage vim-7.2-gcc4-haiku-2009-05-31
>>
>> +        InstallOptionalHaikuImagePackage vim-7.2-gcc2-haiku-2009-05-31
>>
>> Now sure that the current version wouldn't work, might just be my
>> network connection, but this new patch will make the packagename match
>> the zip file name.
>>
> I see that such difference between the name of package and file name is
> usual thing for other packages. I don't think that was the problem.
>
> Kind Regards,
>   S.Zharski.

Siarzhuk,
No problem.  Before uploading them, I copied uganda.txt to vim and put that
into common/data/licenses for both zip files, and updated the .OPD files to
use the vim files on the License line.
I thought I had seen an OptionalPackage with a Description line but when
Matt asked for an example I wasn't able to find one.  Well Matt, vim has
one. ;)
-scottmc