[haiku-development] Re: VLC to drop BeOS port

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:41:36 +0200 CEST

> > Thanks for the info Cian.  I've noted this on the HaikuPorts page:
> > http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-video/vlc/0.8.6i
> > I might give it a try soon, to at least bring it up to 0.8.6i
> > -scottmc
> >

> Well I just gave it a couple hour tryout and after putting in the
> many
> many dependencies, it errored out.  The port log entry has been
> updated in case anyone has ideas on what to try to do to get past
> this
> error.
> I filled in the dependencies with binaries from haikuports and
> tiltos,
> along with the ffmpeg binary from www.gaelstar.com/beos as I wasn't
> able to get ffmpeg to build cleanly yet either.

I do have a buildable ffmpeg tree here, but some fixes weren't accepted
by the team.
I svn up from time to time and keep it buildable but I didn't have to
release builds...
And since I build with gcc2 I had to disable mmx as it totally screws
it up.
I'll try to have a look at it again.
How come I was never made aware of those builds ?
The diff at
http://gaelstar.com/beos/ffmpeg-r10550-zeta-gcc3.diff
isn't clean at all anyway...

François.