[haiku-development] UserlandFS

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:52:23 -0700

Hello,

Is UserlandFS still supported?

Commit 98c6dfa4 of 2013-07-05 commented out the UserlandFS rule (along with several others), and contained this in the commit message:

OptionalPackages: Remove all entries that just downloaded and
 installed an external package. AddHaikuImagePackages can be used
 instead and is used in the remaining entries. Also move the remaining
 optional package dependency declarations from
 OptionalPackageDependencies here.

However, putting "AddHaikuImagePackages UserlandFS ;" in my UserBuildConfig results in the error message "AddHaikuImagePackages: package UserlandFS not available!". (I also tried with "userlandfs", but that prints an error, too.)

I searched on the mailing list archive, but found no relevant results around or after the date of the commit.

Do I need to uncomment the UserlandFS rule? Do I need to add a particular package repository to my UserBuildConfig? Or does it simply no longer build, and was removed for that reason?

Thanks for any assistance.