[haiku-development] Re: UserBuildConfig.ReadMe

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:09:25 -0700

On 03/04/2008, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  François Revol wrote:
>  > [16:04] <mmu_man> you didn't copy the whole UserBuildConfig.ReadMe did

>  > Where people never read ReadMes...
> But the line has to be drawn somewhere. :-)
>  IMHO, we should not change it again.

I absolutely agree - the current situation is pretty much perfect for
most cases and anyone who doesn't figure it out has themselves to
blame at that point!

You could maybe insert a syntax error or special rule of some type
that returns a relevant message to the user reminding them that they
screwed up - but seriously...that is going a bit far I would guess.