[haiku-development] Re: Update on alpha 1 proposals (was: Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals)

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:55:12 +0200

Hi Axel,

2008/8/17 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> That all doesn't make much sense, though. If we haven't even discussed/
> voted if a particular item joins the party, it's perfectly fine for it
> not to have been adopted yet. OTOH, we can't just leave it out when it
> doesn't have an adopter yet, just because no one cared yet.
> I would say we just continue, discuss/vote on which things are going to
> be done, and then find an adopter for each of the items that are left,
> and don't have one yet.
> The vote should take the work that needs to be carried out to perform a
> task into account; if we don't find an adopter for a specific problem,
> we then need to see if we really need it, or if someone volunteers
> then.

Works for me too. We'll evaluate the process afterwards anyway.

If there are no objections, I will 'lock' the page this Sunday 13:00
GMT (24rd of August) and I will add the polls. The polls are _not_
anonymous, so please object now if it bothers anyone. The polls can be
filled out by everyone with the 'developer' privilege on Trac: if you
can edit every aspect of a ticket, that means you are a developer. If
you have svn commit access, but cannot edit tickets, let me know
privately and I will sort it out. I'd suggest keeping the polls open
for a week (until Sunday the 30th).

I will set up a test poll tomorrow so that everyone can test this feature.

Niels