[haiku-development] Re: Undefined reference to __toupper_l.

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:07:21 +0100

On 2008-01-31 at 14:38:57 [+0100], Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > Bruno Albuquerque wrote (2008-01-31, 13:40:36 [+0100]):

> >> I saw this, but this is per object file (and there are dozens of related
> >> object files). A way to selectively set debug mode for a specific
> >> library, binary or add-on is what I am looking for.
> >
> > But the description text explicitely mentions being able to set DEBUG on
> > the executable too. So I suppose this would work as well, have you tried
> > and it doesn't?
>
> Didn't work. I added the following:
>
> DEBUG on <src!servers!mail!>mail_daemon = 1 ;
> DEBUG on <src!kits!mail!>libmail.so = 1 ;
> DEBUG on <src!add-ons!mail_daemon!inbound_protocols!pop3!>POP3 = 1 ;
> DEBUG on <src!add-ons!mail_daemon!system_filters!inbox!>Inbox = 1 ;
> DEBUG on <src!add-ons!mail_daemon!system_filters!parser!>Message\ Parser
> = 1 ;

Besides that those aren't the proper target names of the shared objects
(shared objects don't have any grist unless explicitely specified, e.g.
libmail.so is just libmail.so), there's no debug magic done by the linker.
Setting the DEBUG variable on a shared object just makes it end up in
another directory.

CU, Ingo