[haiku-development] Re: [USB] What is the right way to feed queue_isochronous with audio data?

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:58:58 +0000

Hi again

> Note that isochronous transfers are only implemented in UHCI. OHCI as
> well as EHCI don't support them.

To clarify: our OHCI and EHCI host controller drivers do not support
isochronous transfers because it's not implemented. OHCI and EHCI of
course do also describe isochronous transfers. The OHCI implementation
should be fairly simple, but in EHCI you have a few more complications,
especially when it comes to split transfers for USB 1.1 support. Since
there's comparably little hardware that uses isochronous transfers at
all it has never really been high priority for me.

Regards
Michael