[haiku-development] Re: USB MIDI update

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:15:10 -0700

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 05:20:20PM -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM,  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I tried... (:-/)
> Just some quick suggestions:
>
> Things you should definitely change:
>
> - The copyright header style you used is still not in line with our
> coding guidelines. Remove all the extra * characters.
OK -- wasn't sure if that was verboten [and I thought it looked quite nice!
(:-)]
> - There are also extra spaces in some array indexing (like_this [i])
> and that is just plain hard to read, so please fix that.
Blech -- I never noticed that.  Takes another eye...

> Things that would be good (maybe in a separate style fixing patch):
>
> - You could fix the header order in the files you touched to match the
> guidelines.
I assume you're talking about devlist.c? [Which I didn't expect to touch
at all, but then I changed some identifiers...]  If the order is not
correct in usb_midi.(c|h) please elaborate.

> - You could fix the function style too (return type on its own line,
> two lines between functions.)
Again I thought I'd checked all those, but forgot about devlist.

> - You could remove the space between a function and its first
> parenthesis (on both function definitions and calls.)
>
> I know a lot of the above existed before, but we generally want to try
> to fix style when working on something. Hopefully over time all the
> code will be updated. On the new code you added the style seems pretty
> good, with the exception of a few extra spaces in some if statements
> and casts.
OK.  Thanks for the detailed look.  I'll just do a do-over on those
bits and build a new patch.

> Oh and thanks for this work, I have a USB MIDI keyboard too and it
> will be very nice to be able to use it in Haiku, once all the kinks
> are worked out. In fact I could help test this if you want (maybe once
> the alpha is out.)
Great!  Yeah, no hurry... (:-)) I have it working on my box, which
is the main thing.

Cheers,

-- Pete --