[haiku-development] Re: USB MIDI?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:07:52 -0700

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:56:40PM -0700, scott mc wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM, <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Turning my attention to the MIDI that I'd like to get working on
> > my box, it seems the reason that my M-Audio 'Uno' doesn't show up
> > is that the usb_midi driver isn't included in the raw images.
> > Is there a good reason for that?  It seems to be there in the source.
> >

> Looks like it got added today:
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/31342
> So just grab a build on or after r31342 and the usb midi should be enabled.
> Let us know how it works for you.

Eh.  Sort of wasted effort this afternoon, then (:-/)  Berlios came
back up, so I dowloaded the snapshot, transferred it via stick to
the ThinkPad, and jammed usb_midi.  That all went smoothly, but
unfortunately no resultant action from the MIDI.  (Gets a USB error.)

I'll grab the unified image and see if it's any better, but I slightly
doubt it.  I'll file a bug then if needed.

Thanks for letting me know, though!

                        -- Pete --