[haiku-development] Re: UEFI boot loader for Haiku

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 23:12:02 +0100

2013/1/13 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 01/13/2013 10:38 PM, François Revol wrote:
>>> Is this mostly correct? Should we use another entry in haiku_loader
>>> for EFI based systems?
>>
>> I don't see why you need yet another stage just for that.
>
> Indeed. It also cannot work this way without a BIOS emulation, unless you
> actually let haiku_loader have an EFI backend. With a standard EFI entry
> point; there is no need to load the haiku_loader from a BFS disk.

Do you mean having a haiku_loader built with the efi api and ABI?
That will make things more complicated. Or am I misunderstanding you?
Please elaborate if possible.
If we need to do that perhaps do enough in the efi application and
just pass the info needed to haiku_loader?

(I rather try to keep work at a minimum for the first version.)

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH