[haiku-development] Re: Towards Haiku Alpha 2 or Beta 1

  • From: Michael Franz <mvfranz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 09:46:15 -0500

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 5:46 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was thinking about this as well.  We have SCaLE and CeBit coming up
> in Feb and March 2010, by that time the Alpha1 will have seen many of
> it's issues fixed, but we may not have a Beta ready by then.

Perhaps
> set a feature based milestone for a Beta1, but set a tentative date,
> say mid-late January for an Alpha2?  That way we'd have a more recent
> stable release to point people too go download.  Just my 2 cents.
> -scottmc

What ever the release is (probably alpha 2), I think it should be ready for
SCaLE.  This way interested/curious developers/users can hear about Haiku,
try it out and then come back with more questions.  My experience at
conferences when I have seen exciting technology but there is nothing
concrete I lose interest and move on.

Michael