[haiku-development] Re: Towards Haiku Alpha 2 or Beta 1

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:47:00 -0700

>I agree with the already said: the minor releases (alpha-2, alpha-3, beta-2,
>beta-3 etc) should be >time-based, but major releases (first beta, first
>release) should be feature-based.

yes, I agree with this too.  Only thing I will add is let us say that going
from Alpha2 to Beta1 (feature based release) is going to take 12 months, to add
in additional Alpha releases ( Alpha3 (  and Alpha4, etc.) ) to show Haiku is
alive, keep excitement and interest high, get news coverage and keep end-users
( and developers ) happier with newer, stable releases on a timely basis.

In  other words, when doing feature based release between major versions and it
takes long time for release, do 1 or more additional minor time based releases
in between.

Regards,

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
Facebook.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691816