[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:05:27 +0200 CEST

Dustin Howett <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Michael Phipps
> <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't see why wget or any other command line app would want to
> > know. Those
> > apps would have the same issues with B_QUIT_REQUESTED and maybe
> > others.

The point is that it's the user that issue the shutdown command, but
the power management which trigger the idle event that eventually leads
to sleep mode. It's much better when you're the evil guy aborting the
download, and not the system.

[...]
> Likewise for flash-based ads that the user might not even know are
> there. They'd technically be playing/running.

I would go for full screen flashs. It might not catch all uses, but
it's a behaviour that can be understood and considered consistent.

Bye,
   Axel.