[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:16:03 +0200

Hi Alexandre

Alexandre Deckner wrote:
The confirmation alert is just a sane precaution, hating it is not an
It is "sane" for newbe - not for experienced user.
argument in my book. If it was interupting your workflow, i could understand, but your are actually ending your current work :)
No. Many time during driver development I have to reboot. So most of reboots I continue my work with this menu. :-P And this alert is disadvantage for me. BeOS implementation was much more friendly in this place. Frankly speaking this alert is most irritating thing for me in comparison with BeOS. ;-)

4) it save a miles of mouse movements and thousands mouse clicks! [...]

As a general note, in my humble opinion, this has nothing to do with a great user interface.
Great user interface is "invisible" to user. Actual implementation ask "too much" for obvious things. It is not good.

Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski