[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: Clemens zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:44:40 +0200

Hehe... Have you seen as experienced users works with those myriads of message boxes on other systems? Most of time they close them _automatically_ without reading because they know the text. :-D I found this paradoxical - developers make more alerts to secure the user against the problems but user doesn't read their's messages and press OK without reading! Yes - this is the way to make mistakes, because the message about really serious problem can be acknowledged just by "habit to press OK without reading". Just because user's attention was already overloaded by thousands of silly "Are you sure?" requests. Again: to prevent user from accidental selecting those menu entries I propose to move them into sub-menu. I think that opening sub-menu and selecting entries from it is too "complicate" operation for sporadic user activity. So user is secured enough in my proposal. :-)

+1 I also don't like the current haiku alert solution.

        Clemens