[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Always a good idea, how often does the
> screensaver kick in in a lengthy presentation? Always having to unlock the
> machine sucks. (Don't know how Haiku handles that ATM. Just saying.)

In the power management framework I have envisioned, the screen saving
code would broadcast to applications that it is preparing to start,
and they could tell it not to start. So a presentation running in full
screen would cancel the screen saver (along with media players playing
videos, etc.) Actually all levels of power saving would have this, so
for example the machine would not try to shutdown the hard drive or go
to sleep during a long download.

I do agree that the screen locking should have a slight delay before
it is turned on.

Regards,
Ryan