[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 00:40:06 +1000

Gerald Zajac wrote:
I like the current implementation as it is where the user must confirm that he/she does want to reboot or shutdown. Probably only developers will be rebooting so often that they might find the reboot confirmation annoying. In that case, maybe there should be a way for them to disable the confirmation dialog box. However, the average user will reboot so infrequently that I strongly doubt that the confirmation will cause any annoyance for them.

BTW, although I reboot frequently, I do not find the reboot confirmation annoying.

My original suggestion was to add a "Don't Nag" button, which disables the dialog. I still like that idea.

Rob