[haiku-development] Re: The R1alpha4 Release

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:02:37 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
[...]
> There are a few blocking tickets left:
>
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/query?status=assigned&status=in-progress&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=R1%2Falpha4&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority
>
> I personally think we can remove #8345 as a blocker. It is a serious
> issue, but seems to only occur on computers with more than 4 GB of
> RAM, which I suspect is not a large number of Haiku users.

Just for sake of correctness: PAE is used also with 4 GB of RAM (and in some
cases less, e.g. if you have graphics cards with lots of memory), which I would
say most current computers have as a minimum. The issue can't be reproduced on
all machines though -- I would guess only on a minority even -- so I agree that
moving the ticket to the next release is OK.

[...]
> In general I think we should move into a fairly official testing
> phase, and aim to release in two weeks, on Monday October 15.

Sounds good.

CU, Ingo