[haiku-development] Re: Text-on-bottom vs. text-to-the-right toolbars

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:12:13 -0500

I think it should be an application decision.

Sometimes having the text to the right doesn't make sense, sometimes it's better to have it below so the horizontal space is available for more, larger, icons.

B_LABEL_BELOW
B_LABEL_RIGHT
B_LABEL_NONE

or something like that...

--The loon

On 3/19/2015 07:38, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Am 19.03.2015 um 13:30 schrieb Gabriele Biffi:
Uh? Today's "de facto" is no text at all.

What about a system-wide preference?

I believe Mail already has this as part of its preferences (on or off, at least). Personally, I don't really care, but I think having the text right to the icon is much more common these days.
A system wide setting would certainly make some sense.

Bye,
   Axel.