[haiku-development] Re: Text-on-bottom vs. text-to-the-right toolbars

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:30:41 +0100

Uh? Today's "de facto" is no text at all.

What about a system-wide preference?

Gabriele

Il 17/03/15 18:13, Augustin Cavalier ha scritto:
Hi,

The Mail toolbar needs to be redone to use vector icons, so at the same
time I'd like to make it use BToolBar. However, BToolBar does not
currently support text with icons, so that feature needs to be added.

We have two options for this:
  * text-on-bottom, icons-on-top (the status quo)
  * icons-on-left, text-on-right (what I would prefer, and the de-facto
standard of other software like Thunderbird and Kate).

Thoughts?

-Augustin