[haiku-development] Re: Survey results about Haiku

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:59:31 +0200

Hello Sean,

Sadly, I had no question about users who are thinking about to switch to Haiku.
However, as you can see among those users of the Haiku community many really
like the operating system Haiku (see results regarding the question 1: the
median value is "very much interested in Haiku", the mean is 4.3 of 5 score).
Also see the results regarding the question 3: for 33.7 percentage of the users
Haiku or BeOS is the favourit operating system.
Nevertheless, the results of the question 6 show that about 93 percentage of
the users never or very rarely use Haiku.
Why do so many people love Haiku, but only very few use it?
From my point of view there are two major answers:
1. There is a lack of applications (software) for Haiku.
and/or
2. Haiku is still an alpha release and not ready to be used often (hardware
compatibility issues etc.).

Best wishes,
Miroslav Stimac

-------- Original-Nachricht --------