[haiku-development] Re: Support for Firefox in default SetupEnvironment?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:44:59 +0100

dolgov wrote:
> What about different versions (rather apps) - those will work, as
> installer for each one just adds its own path to components with install
> procedure.

If Firefox version A loads component "X" by absolute path, then Firefox
version B will load the same component "X" very likely from the wrong
folder, ie the version located in the Firefox version A folder (because it
finds it there first). So this will not work and it is also quite messy. I
don't want each Firefox version to append something to UserSetupEnvironment.

The most elegant solution is still to prepare the package correctly.
Personally I am interested wether this is *technically* possible, I don't
care so much if it ends up as a change in Mozilla trunk.

A) I remember a Firefox package in the past that was prepared as a native
app.

B) Exporting the app folder and the component folder in the search path of
add-ons and libs strongly hints to the fact that the problem would indeed
be solved by moving stuff around in the Firefox folder.

So I am just trying to get some help from you guys, because you know best
which components can/need to be moved, and which ones can not be.

Best regards,
-Stephan