[haiku-development] Re: Support for Firefox in default SetupEnvironment?

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:50:09 -0800

On 07/03/2008, Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/3/7, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
>

> > What "way" are you referring to? The current Firefox package needs the
>  >  SetupEnvironment change (in UserSetupEnvironment) to work in fully native
>  >  mode. For one thing, I don't understand why Haiku providing it already
>  >  would be negative for the same package on BeOS and ZETA.
>  >

> http://community.livejournal.com/bezilla/255563.html
>  Even if you add it for Haiku, we need to fix this for BeOS and Zeta as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bleeding Edge Fx 2.0.0.12pre release on
bebits is already re-ordered and does NOT require the changes to
UserSetupEnvironment, no?

It seems I grabbed it and ran it on my Haiku install the other day
without changing the environment first...

The BONE version of that release is pretty good under Haiku except for
SSL sites (ex. Gmail crashes it)