[haiku-development] Re: Submenu in Applications menu

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:23:41 +0200

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
Absolutely. In fact the editable attribute idea would totally break with the introduction of multi-user, since a non-root user won't be allowed to edit attributes of a commonly installed application.

Really? I thought /boot/common/ is read/write for anybody.
BTW, will the home folders of other users be totally hidden or only write protected as it seems to be in Ubuntu. I'd be for hiding for everyone but the user and root.

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de