[haiku-development] Re: Submenu in Applications menu

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:52:11 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> So all apps I've lying around on my disk somewhere
> would clutter my menues.
> Sounds like a not-so-brilliant idea to me.

Are all those apps likely to be categorized?

Off the top of my head:

- un-categorize the ones you don't want to be shown

(have a second attribute exist to suppress the entry? nah..)

- limit it to /boot

- a Deskbar option to not show the categorized app
submenus and just use your own folders, symlinks and
queries.

I think Haiku's default behaviour should favor people
who would want to find most of their applications
(not just any utility) in the menu, and that developers
might be the special case here. Which of course has to
be accomodated too.

/Jonas.