[haiku-development] Re: Styled Text, beyond R5 features

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 07:02:07 +0200

Am 06.05.2010, 09:01 Uhr, schrieb Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

"Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there is a software tools and techniques course at the Auckland
university
and I mentor a student haiku project. The goal of the project is to
write
a c++ code completion using clang and integrate it into a text view.
Therefore the students should design, if BTextView does not fit, a
modular
text view which should be easy to extend having things like syntax
highlighting, refactoring, spell checking... in mind.
Do you think such a text view could have the same code base as a text
view
designed for word processing?
Lets see what the students have coded when the project ends. Maybe we
could share our experiences.

Sounds like a lot to do for that poor student :-)
Anyway, have a nice time down there!

Yes thats true. Actually, there are four students per project so they could distribute the work a bit. Also I don't expect that I have a full fledged editor at the end, but lets see maybe we get a good starting point...

Bye,
        Clemens