[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:27:55 +0100

Christof Lutteroth <lutteroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, it might be a good idea to reuse the focus highlight color for
> that.
> Could anybody give some more detail about how to make a window appear
> in its
> focus highlight color? It's probably somewhere in DefaultDecorator,
> right?

The current focus highlight color is only used for GUI elements so far.
I wouldn't mind so much about the appearance right now - I guess this
will be changed anyway in the future, whatever you will come up with
now.
In any case, you would get the color via settings.
UIColor(B_KEYBOARD_NAVIGATION_COLOR).

> Is it possible to attach a message filter somewhere so that the S&T
> code does
> not need to touch these methods anymore but gets the relevant
> information directly?
>
> Another question: in Desktop::Init(), the keyboard filter is attached
> that is
> used to detect the Windows key press for S&T:
>
> fEventDispatcher.SetKeyboardFilter(new KeyboardFilter(this));
>
> Is it possible to attach another keyboard filter specifically for
> S&T, so that
> we can separate the S&T code better from the existing keyboard
> handling code?

That's both currently not possible, but definitely the way to go -
please add the mechanisms you need. S&T might also need to know the
state the decorator is currently in (ie. if it is moving the window
around, etc.

Bye,
   Axel.