[haiku-development] Re: Some questions

> 2008/4/30 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>  > >  With Joystick pref app I have some problem that I don't know how
>>  > > to best
>>  > >  handle. I need a good way to look on a file and determent if the
>>  > > file is a
>>  > >  file or a link to a file. If it's a link I need to get the name of
>>  > > the
>>  > >  file where it's linked to.
>
> BTW Before the joystick preflet, I think you should implement
> BJoystick. And the former should use the latter. No ?
Yes and now :)
Before BJoystick we need the GamePort with all parts.
(http://euc.jp/beos/beosjoystick.en.html) as BJoystick get data from GamePort

The joystick preflet don't use BJoystick that much if we do use BJoystick
as we do today in Haiku some things won't work as before(like in in R5).
For example when use R5 joystick preflet and disable a port and then using
BJoystick (as joystick preflet in Haiku does tody) the port are gone.

Right now I'm develop the joystick preflet as much as I can in Zeta so it
can be ready when making GamePort I will also make a test app for BJostick
but I don't think I have the knowlage to make the GamePort "driver"

This are what I Have found out.
Joysticks settings file are located here - /boot/beos/etc/joysticks/

When a joystick are maked for usage with a port a linked to or copy of a
file are copied/linked and renamed to that portname/filename(ex
gameport/201) and placed here /boot/home/config/settings/joysticks/

When a Joystick are disabled it are written to a file here
/boot/home/config/settings/disabled_joysticks

with this information I have come to the conclusion that BJostick are not
that much used right now (so fare I have done) with that said I haven't
come to calibrate and will probably need BJostick here.

What do you think?

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen