[haiku-development] Re: Slow Alpha Installation

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:26:36 +0000

Hi,

On 2009-09-10 at 09:57:57 [+0000], Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I did a test installation from the r33023 Alpha ISO to a USB pen drive
> and it took over 4 hours!
>
> I did it from within VMWare Fusion so I'm unsure of whether it is a
> problem with Fusion or with  Haiku yet.
>
> I'll try to do the same again but from real hardware later today and
> report back.

I know I have a supposed to be very quick USB stick, which seems to be
connected via USB 2.0 on my Haiku PC (native install) according to listusb.
This stick is operating extremely slowly. I have not tried to write to it
yet, but I suspect it would be even worse than reading. I didn't yet take
the time to file a ticket, since I am just happy that it works at all... ;-)

Over time, I am sure we will figure out those issues.

Best regards,
-Stephan