[haiku-development] Re: Should I report driver's problem in Zeta/Dano?

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:47:53 +0200 (CEST)

> Quoting Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> should I report when drivers don't work on Zeta/Dano?
>>
>> I have a Dell Latitude x300 with intel_extreme g-card but the LCD are
>> all
>> messed up, should I report things like this? or are these things that
>> don't work on other system than Haiku?
>
> Always reports.
> It's way easy to close invalid/unsupported/whatever bug report(s) than
> build a
> usefull known issues database.
ok then I know :)

>> x300_intel_extrem_desctop.jpg
>> this are how a print screen looks like
>
> This means the framebuffer is okay.
>
>> x300_intel_extrem_screen.jpg
>> this are I see the screen.
>
> This, considering the framebuffer content looks correct, means that the
> PLL
> setup is quite screwed. :-)
> Which is good news as it's often the easiest bug to fix.
I have the same "problem" when I tried to run native haiku on one with
nvidia and one with neomagic. can they all have the same problem?

as I can't get a print screen on them I don't know if they are ok, but I
can replace the driver on the one with nvidia so that I can test that one.
ticket 1169 and 1170.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen