[haiku-development] Re: Should I report driver's problem in Zeta/Dano?

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:43:36 +0100

On 17/07/07, Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:

> should I report when drivers don't work on Zeta/Dano?
>
> I have a Dell Latitude x300 with intel_extreme g-card but the LCD are all
> messed up, should I report things like this? or are these things that
> don't work on other system than Haiku?

Always reports.
It's way easy to close invalid/unsupported/whatever bug report(s) than build a
usefull known issues database.

> x300_intel_extrem_desctop.jpg
> this are how a print screen looks like

This means the framebuffer is okay.

> x300_intel_extrem_screen.jpg
> this are I see the screen.

This, considering the framebuffer content looks correct, means that the PLL
setup is quite screwed. :-)
Which is good news as it's often the easiest bug to fix.

- Philippe

Phew! I was thinking it was a Radeon X300. :)  Another bullet dodged...