[haiku-development] Re: Should Haiku, Inc. sign the FSF SecureBoot petition?

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:48:40 +0100

Il 29/12/12 13:05, Alex-P. Natsios ha scritto:
been long since i checked/read anything on this matter but i do
remember reading somewhere that

"Part of certification for windows 8 ARM devices is the inability to
turn off secure-boot or run anything unsigned there"
which i suppose means that you either buy a key from microsoft or you
are locked out!

But do we care about running other OSes on WinRT tablets when there are so many friendlier tablets out there?
Or even better: do we want to run Haiku on a tablet?

Gabriele