[haiku-development] Re: Should Haiku, Inc. sign the FSF SecureBoot petition?

  • From: "Alex-P. Natsios" <apnatsios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:05:28 +0200

been long since i checked/read anything on this matter but i do
remember reading somewhere that

"Part of certification for windows 8 ARM devices is the inability to
turn off secure-boot or run anything unsigned there"
which i suppose means that you either buy a key from microsoft or you
are locked out!

(then again i am no lawyer nor have updated knowledge for this matter.
so consider this just a mention :) )

--
Regards,

Alex-P. Natsios