[haiku-development] Security

  • From: "Wayne Peter Corwin" <wayne.peter.corwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 11:15:24 +0200

Hi all.

I don't see much talk about Haiku and security. In this day and age, a
single-user rooted OS with a homegrown network library sounds a bit scary.

I'd like to ask if multiuser capabilities (with a non-root user as default) are
being implemented and if security audits will be performed before R1. Esp. the
networking stack, since Haiku provides various network servers over known
protocols, so a wide range of attack vectors are probably relevant for Haiku. I
don't believe in security-by-obscurity :)

I plan to use Haiku for real work, so security matters.

Best wishes,

- wcp