[haiku-development] Re: Security

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:24:10 -0400

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Sean <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  This eloquently answers my questions about the Haiku projects' stance
> and insights on security.
>  It's non-existant.
>  - wpc
>  if I walk into your house, and physically take your PC, how secure is it
> then ?
>  Becuase if you want to know the truth, most user info is gathered from
> stolen laptops.
>  Sean

No, that's not very efficient. The easiest way to get the most data is to
exploit poorly coded PHP websites. Most web programmers are not as good as
C/C++ developers  and even the good C developers are more interested in
adding cool new features than to worry about what a hacker may possibly do
to the system.