[haiku-development] Re: ScreenShot regression

  • From: Wim van der Meer <wpjvandermeer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:36:10 +0900

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > After the recent enhancement to ScreenShot that were commited, I have
> > noticed a couple regressions. I'm unsure sure to which ticket I should
> > post,
> > as several were 'fixed' at the same time, and I did not follow the
> > tickets closely.
> >
> > On r37130, when I press PrtScrn, the ScreenShot Gui app opens instead
> > of
> > just taking a screecap. Prior to the changes, you needed to press
> > Ctrl+PrtScrn
> > to get this behaviour.
> >
> > Also, Alt+PrtScrn now does nothing, whereas previously it would
> > capture the
> > active window.
>
> That's pretty much superfluous now, as you can specify that after the
> fact.
> A "silent" key wouldn't be too bad, though.
>
> > I realize that these changes may have been discussed while I was not
> > paying
> > attention, but I find the current behaviours to be serious
> > regressions.
>
> They were discussed in some of those tickets, but feel free to
> reanimate that discussion here.
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

I am the guy who changed the screenshot app, and I am aware that the
PrtScrn behaviour has changed, but like Axel said it doesn't make
sense to have a "capture active window" anymore.

If you have any suggestions on how you would like the PrtScrn button
to behave, please let me know. As reference, there is some discussion
related to this in ticket #3813 (Screenshot enhancements).

--
Wim van der Meer
\/\///\/\