[haiku-development] Re: ScreenShot regression

Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --- On Fri, 6/18/10, Wim van der Meer <wpjvandermeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I suggest the following for the
> > PrtScrn key:
> >
> > 1) Without modifier keys: Take a screenshot with zero delay
> > and launch
> > the GUI. (I believe this one works right now.)
> Why launch the GUI? Why can't pressing the PrntScrn key keep it's old
> behaviour and just take a screenshot in silent mode. I still don't
> understand
> why a task that used to take only a single key press needs to be
> complicated
> with additional mouse movements, buttons, and GUI selections.

When you actually take screenshots more often, having the modifier keys
will give you the same power. But for the occasional (or even
accidental) screenshot, the GUI is much more easy to use, and just
better suited.
Before, you pressed the Print key, and nothing noticeable happened -
you have to know that the screenshot is saved in /boot/home. That's
just bad UI design.

> But that is just me.

It seems so :-)

Bye,