[haiku-development] Re: Screen Preference Enhancement to use GTF

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:43:36 +0200

2009/7/16 Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Attached is a zip file containing two new files (gtf.cpp and gtf.h) to be
> added to the Screen Preferences, and a diff file to modify ScreenMode.cpp to
> use the Generalized Timing Formula (GTF) to compute the mode timing
> parameters when a selected mode does not match any mode in the driver's mode
> list.

I tested it and :
-I had to add gtf.cpp to the command line screenmode application jamfile, too
-The preflet now lists and allows me to select the full range of
frequencies (60 to 100Hz in the listbox, and 48 to 140 in the "Other"
setting)
-Unfortunately, all of them still let me with a flickering screen
-screenmode -l is still listing only 1440x900@xxxxxxx

I'm still using an intel GM965 with the intel_extreme driver. vesa
worked fine before, i did not test it with this patch applied.