[haiku-development] Re: Scheduler algorithm improvements

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:16:06 +0100

Mikhail Panasyuk <otoko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Experimental schedulers (based on r33922):
> http://otoko.narod.ru/files/haiku/haiku_kernel_schedulers.zip

Note that you don't use the current sources as a base for your work;
I've recently changed the affine scheduler to work like the BeOS one
after your findings, ie. it will now skip per priority level, not just
20%. This should improve the latency, but I couldn't notice any actual
changes.

The priority_info optimizations you made make definitely sense (only
looked at your changes in the simple scheduler so far, but I guess you
did the same for affine?). How about cleaning them up (removing dead
code, and coding style violations), and submit a patch?

Bye,
   Axel.