[haiku-development] Re: Scheduler algorithm improvements

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:50:17 -0200

Em 28/11/2009, às 09:52, "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

IIRC it had been introduced to implement priority boost on a semaphore
release - a concept that didn't work out well, and has been removed
completely in the mean time AFAICT.

Hmm; any chance the reason was that it caused priority inversions?

So I guess we can probably remove it, but someone should have a closer
look indeed ;-)

I'd like it to be kept there :) But for a different purpose, of course. Probably base_priority, and then priority would semantically mean "current, actual priority".

Cheers,
A.