[haiku-development] Re: Savage Video Driver

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 11:30:15 -0400

Hi Axel,

I created an account in the bug tracker about a year ago to enter a Terminal bug; However, I have not used the account since then; thus, I do not know whether the account is still valid. If not, I can create a new account.

I am willing to maintain the driver; however, it might be difficult to diagnose some bugs since I do not have hardware for all of the Savage chipset groups. Nevertheless, it currently runs quite reliably with the Savage4, SavageIX, SuperSavage, and ProSavage DDR chips.

Thanks for responding to my message. I look forward to seeing the source files in the source repository.

Best regards,
Gerald

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Hi Gerald,

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I do not have the source files hosted on a website nor do I have any plans to do so; thus, I sending them as an attachment to this message as Hugo Santos had suggested.

This driver is a nearly complete rewrite of Erdi Chen's BeSavage driver except for some of Erdi Chen's cursor code, and most of the code is adapted from the x.org Savage driver.

Sounds nice! I think it's best to find someone you can usually send your patches to this driver, and who puts it into our repository, creates the necessary Jamfiles, etc. I would volunteer to take over that job; I'm usually just a bit busy, so it may not always work out as fast as one would want. Having said that, I'd welcome everyone else to take it over, too :-)

Anyway, have you already created an account in our bug tracker? Would you be willing to further maintain the driver in case problems occur?

Bye,
   Axel.